Purple Line Extension
The Purple Line Extension will extend from the current terminus at Wilshire/Western westward for approximately nine miles and includes seven new stations. The improvements will provide a high-capacity, high-speed, dependable alternative for those traveling to Miracle Mile, Beverly Hills, Century City, and Westwood. The Purple Line Extension is considered a priority project, which includes funding by local Measure R funds, federal “New Starts” matching funds, and a low-interest loan from the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) program.
Pacifica Services Inc. is currently serving as the Principal Level Environmental Specialist for the Purple Line Extension. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Review all Environmental CDRLs, submittals and policies/procedures from the Design-Build Contractor.
• Ensure that all required Contractor permits have been obtained and are approved.
• Manage Contractor’s performance of all groundwater and onsite soil investigations, Phase I and II ESAs, soil and groundwater treatment systems, NPDES and Sewer discharge permitting and execution, construction dewatering, asbestos and lead paint abatement and demolition protocols, contaminated/hazardous waste management, disposal and profiling, UST/FST removals and regulations, State and Local SWPPP storm water regulations, SUSMP, wastewater discharge requirements, etc.
• Coordinate with Metro regarding construction noise, CEQA and NEPA monitoring and reporting experience in a particular with historical buildings, archaeology, paleontology, and Native American interactions. Coordinate with other CMSSC staff regarding traffic control and parking requirements.
• Conduct monthly Environmental Compliance, Monitoring and Reporting meetings jointly with Metro staff. Inform and train all CMSSC field inspectors and field management staff in the daily inspection requirements and reporting functions.
Additionally, Pacifica Services Inc. serves as the Senior Configuration Management Analyst and Contract Administration for the project.